Remote and breath-taking, 100 miles of wilderness paddling in some of Baja's finest coastal scenery.
- Duration: 12 days (arrival and departure day included)
- Intensity: Intermediate-Advanced
- Paddling time: 4 hrs average with longer days possible.
- Trip Style: Co-operatively Catered.
- Season: mid October - mid November, April & May
- Minimum age: Age 16
- Wildlife: Californian Sea-lions, tropical fish, whales (seasonal), dolphins, manta rays, Pelicans, Blue-footed Boobies, Osprey, Frigate, Herons and Egrets.
- Includes: Certified, bi-lingual naturalist guide(s). Singles and/or double kayaks, all kayaking gear, camping equipment, transportation from Loreto hotel to start of trip at Ensenada Blanca and shuttle at end of trip to La Paz hotel. All food and beverages during expedition including, cold beers, happy hour and wine with evening meal. One night's hotel in Loreto and one night's hotel in La Paz. Farewell Dinner in La Paz restaurant.
- Does not include: Airport Transfers and flights and meals on Day 1. Sleeping bags, snorkel sets and wet suits may be rented.
- Available for rent: Sleeping bags, snorkel sets and wet suits.
This expedition explores some of Baja's finest coastal scenery between La Paz and Loreto in Baja California Sur. Throughout our 10 day paddle we are overlooked by a spectacular mountain range, the Sierra de la Giganta; in many places as sheer cliffs hundreds of feet high, it plunges directly into the Sea of Cortez. The beaches are stunningly beautiful and many have canyons behind which we can explore on foot.
For a hundred miles there are but a few fishing hamlets so the corresponding coast has very little human presence. There are some awesome snorkeling spots and we are likely to see dolphins, perhaps even whales spouting in the distance. We nearly always indulge in fresh fish and/ or lobster so feel free to bring your own fishing line and help catch dinner!
To make packing easier, during the expedition our water and food supplies are replenished and our accumulated trash sent back to La Paz.
- Day 1: Arrive in Loreto*, check into your hotel room and at 7:00pm meet your guides for a trip briefing and dinner together.
- Day 2: Transfer to Ensenada Blanca (near Loreto), kayak to first camp spot.
- Day 3-4: Snorkel, hot springs, sea kayak along dramatic coastline past Agua Verde fishing hamlet.
- Day 5-10: Continue paddling south slowly exploring our way to our last night´s camp spot near Punta Mechudo.
- Day 11: Final morning´s paddle to take out at Punta Coyote; transfer back to La Paz. Farewell dinner and night in La Paz hotel.
- Day 12: Breakfast and depart.
* We are offering the option to meet you in Loreto this season as there are better flight options (Alaska Airlines and West Jet) and this will dramatically reduce your travel time to begin the kayak trip. Note you are recommended to still fly home from La Paz or Cabo (SJD) although you could arrange your own bus ride back to Loreto if that works out to be better for you.
This expedition explores some of Baja's finest coastal scenery between La Paz and Loreto in Baja California Sur. The 10 day paddle typically begins in the small fishing village of Ensenada Blanca, south of Loreto and terminates approximately 60 miles north of La Paz near Punta Coyote.On this trip we offer the option to fly into Loreto and out from either La Paz or San Jose del Cabo. This reduces a significant amount of travel time and adds to the interest of the itinerary for those interested in visiting two or more of Baja Sur's principal towns.
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/kayactiv/public_html/protected/grid.php on line 73