This is it!! - World famous whale-watching in Baja.
- Duration: 2 days
- Intensity: N/A
- Season: Late January, February and early March
- Minimum age: N/A
- Wildlife: Grey Whales and sea birds
- Includes: Certified, bi-lingual naturalist guides. Whale watching motor boat. Round trip from La Paz hotel to Magdalena Bay. All food and beverages during expedition. This expedition includes 2 hotel nights. The night before the trip starts and the night at the whale breeding grounds. If you require extra nights accommodation in La Paz we can help with reservations.
- Does not include: Airport Transfers and flights.
This is it!! - World famous whale-watching in Baja. The place in which you have probably seen photos of people leaning out of boats to pet whales. Come and join us this winter and treat yourself to this unforgettable experience. Our expeditions have been designed with convenience and comfort in mind. We arrange for you to stay in a beautiful hotel in La Paz the night before we depart for the trip and then during the whale-watching we spend the night in rustic cabins right near the shores of the Pacific Lagoons - the breeding grounds for the Gray Whales. The dates are scheduled in the peak season, so that you may well get an opportunity to pet these gentle giants!
World famous whale-watching in Baja
- Day 1: Arrive in La Paz. Check into your hotel room and get ready for an 8am start the next day. Make sure you take warm clothing as temperatures in the Pacific side are often much cooler than La Paz.
- Day 2: Transfer in our air conditioned private van to the shores of the Pacific Lagoons at Lopez Mateos - considered to be the finest whale-watching area in the La Paz proximity (transfer time is 3.5 hours). Typically within minutes of clambering aboard our motor skiffs we are out in the bay surrounded by Whales. The spectacle is quite amazing and several close up encounters are practically guaranteed. Returning to the shore it is just a two minute stroll to our accommodation. Relax and then freshen up before dining in our Palapa Restaurant with a fresh sea food meal.
- Day 3: Arise to a Mexican cooked breakfast before our second whale-watching trip. We will venture out into the bay for a second opportunity to immerse our selves amongst the whales. For the last ten years many of our guests have been thrilled by the whales swimming right alongside our boats giving them the extraordinary opportunity to pet them. Finally return to Lopez Mateos for a delicious lunch and then transfer back to La Paz arriving at around 4:00pm which gives time for anyone wishing to connect on through to Los Cabos the same day.
Our departure point is from the fishing village of Adolfo Lopez Mateos which lies on the protected shores of Magdalena Bay. The Pacific Lagoons in 'Mag Bay' are famed as breeding grounds for the Gray Whale and are located along the Pacific Coast of Baja California Sur. Our boat ride searches for the whales staying within these Lagoons which provide us with calm conditions thanks to the barrier island effect of Isla Magdalena. Adolfo Lopez Mateos (ALP) is approximately a 3.5 hour drive north west of La Paz on a recently widened paved road.
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/kayactiv/public_html/protected/grid.php on line 73